If you have been looking to add value to your college applications, jobs, or just to enhance your skills, PTE is the right exam for you. PTE is a test that aims to qualify your competency in English. PTE certification gives you an edge for college, visas, and immigration.
There are different distinctions among PTE exams designed to make you eligible for admissions and immigration. PTE Academic is focused on upgrading students for college applications. Most students who aspire to study abroad appear for PTE Academic as it is accepted by over 3000+universities and colleges.
The PTE Academic is a 3-hour long online test conducted from designated exam centers that are based across the country. However, Pearson is introducing a shorter, 2-hour long exam starting on November 16 that you can either appear for from the comfort of your home or from the center.
This exam tests your English proficiency for day-to-day communication. Any candidate who wishes to take the exam can do so as there are no particular educational eligibility criteria. However, candidates must be above 16 years of age to appear for the exam. For anyone below 18 years of age appearing, a sign by their parents on the parental consent form is mandatory. The form is available on Pearson’s website.
PTE exam preparation might not need months for most students, but it is better to plan ahead and learn from the best resources possible. PTE is designed to test the proficiency of individuals who do or do not use English as a primary language. By appearing for the exam, you can assess how adequate your command of English is.
Like any other exam, PTE too requires consistent practice. And the most efficient way to practice for this test is by appearing for PTE online practice tests. Pearson has a range of online tests that are designed to give you a glimpse of the actual exam. Their practice tests include sample questions and the official PTE Academic guide.
Along with PTE mock tests, Pearson also offers a collection of official coursebooks that include:
- PTE Academic Practice Test Plus Volume 1 & 2 With these books, you can assess your answers with an annotated answer key and score guide. You all get access to audiobooks that help you prepare for the listening and speaking exams. They have authentic questions and strategies, tips, and guidance to help you ace each task type in your PTE exam.
- PTE Academic 79 Plus This book has more than 150 practice questions with sample answers. It is perfect for candidates looking for advanced preparation and an extra boost to perform their best in the exam.
When you are preparing for an exam that qualifies you for prestigious opportunities, you want to ensure that you perform your best. Most universities or institutes have a PTE cut-off score of their own. To achieve that or even higher, it is important that you give your best shot. If your aim is to leave no stone unturned to achieve the highest score, then you must make the most out of these online practice tests.
Here’s how online practice tests help you to score high on the PTE Exam:
- You get familiar with the exam pattern and the type of questions on the test.
- Practice test helps you analyze your performance and judge your possible score on the official test.
- When you are preparing for the test in a mock setting, you get to assess your weaknesses and work on them.
- You have a fair idea of where you stand.
- The tests are scored; hence, you get to set a benchmark for yourself and analyze your scope of improvement.
- The test results are typically available in 2 business days which saves you a lot of time without delaying even a bit in your preparation.
- With online practice tests, you get to work on each task and subject at your own pace till the day of examination.
- All the Pearson practice tests and coursebooks have a unique set of questions that give you an opportunity to challenge yourself.
- You get used to performing in a limited time period without hindering your efficiency.
- The test keeps evolving over the years, and with online practice tests, you can keep up with the changes.
- Lastly, the practice helps you stay sharp, calm, and confident about your performance.
Online practice tests are an important part of your overall preparation for the test. Taking these mock tests in all sincerity will help you be at the top of your game.