Aspirants who have achieved success in IIT-JEE have stressed on the importance of strategic preparation, rigorous practice and dedication while preparing for the examination. From solving sample papers to practicing mock tests, students leave no stone unturned to crack IIT-JEE and climb the ladder of success. Out of everything, mock tests are highly recommended by experts and toppers as these tests provide real-time test experience to students and help them revise the syllabus better before the real JEE main exams.
If you want to excel in the examinations, you need to practice in the right direction. The key to right preparation is thorough practice and the same is enabled by JEE main mock tests. Mock tests help students to strengthen the crucial topics of each subject and make them develop a winning exam temperament.
Let’s understand in a detailed manner how JEE main mock tests can help you score high:
- Familiarizes Students with Real Exam Pattern: This is one of the topmost benefits of solving JEE main mock tests. If students are familiar with the exam environment, they can eliminate unnecessary fear from their mind and perform better in the exams. Mock tests help them get accustomed to the exam pattern and provide a glimpse of their performance during the real test. Through this, they can observe their preparation level and work hard to improve their problem areas.
- Eliminates the room for mistakes: No matter how hard students have worked for their IIT-JEE, some parameters like lack of attention, exam stress, and performance fear can lead them to mark an incorrect response. By practicing the JEE Main Mock Test, you can identify your mistakes and correct them. It will not only give you an idea of which topics need more practice, but also allow you to make a note of your mistakes. You will develop an ability to solve the maximum number of questions with no mistakes and accelerate your preparation.
- Enables Revision for Complete Syllabus: Students should utilize their time by practicing a lot of mock tests to recognize their weak areas and bring a significant improvement in their preparation. Each time you solve a mock test, you go through all the important topics of the syllabus. It not only encourages you to revise better but also aids you in brushing up all the topics in an effective way. This habit will help you avoid repeating your mistakes in the actual JEE main examination.
- Instils the Art of Time Management: In JEE Main examinations, students have to solve a total of 90 questions in three hours. No matter how strong the concepts are, attempting all the questions accurately, without any experience, appears like tough nut to crack. Time management skills coupled with good speed are also needed to score well in JEE Main. In this situation, mock tests play a very crucial role. By giving a fair idea of the exam pattern, these tests improve the speed and accuracy of students and maximize the chances of completing the paper on time.
- Builds a Positive Attitude: Practicing several mock tests on the current pattern of JEE will habituate you with the actual exam environment and enhance your confidence level. These tests are designed to teach students the art of time management and thus improving performance. Gaining excellence in these major aspects will not only make you confident about your performance but also help you combat nervousness and reinforce a positive attitude.
You can check out Pearson MyInsights – an adaptive assessment for the preparation of IIT-JEE. By providing 4 levels of testing, 500+ topic tests, 80+ chapter tests, 20 mock tests, and previous 10 years JEE papers, it makes aspirants IIT-JEE ready. In addition to this, it also provides a real-time test experience to the aspirants with analytics and personalized scoring. In this way, aspirants get to examine their strengths and weaknesses in a better way.
All the best for your IIT-JEE preparation!