For a bright future, it is quintessential to make most of your abilities, identify opportunities and stay ahead of the curve. In today’s cutting-edge scenario, where everyone wants to reach the top, one ability that forms the pathway to success is your proficiency in the English language. A person skilled in the English language is confident and has higher chances to grab lucrative career opportunities than others.
Eighty percent of the world’s electronically stored information is in English. Employers seek people that have a strong command of the language because they are more presentable and comprise better professional capacities. Therefore, people continuously work to improve their English language skills to unlock lucrative career prospects.
Let’s do a deeper dive to understand how improving English is helpful for a growing career:
- Majority of Jobs Require Good Command of English: A good command of the English language is often featured as a prerequisite in the selection process for most of the highly-skilled jobs. For this, many aspirants also tend to mention this skill in their resume. If a person wants to be a suitable fit for a high position, a good foundation and fluency of the language are imperative.
- Assures Cognitive Development: It has been observed that bilingual people have a broader perspective and a different thinking style. They are more efficient in remembering things, better aware of their surroundings, adaptable to changes, and have an ability to focus on important things. If a candidate has these traits, he will be benefitted in the long run and become a valuable employee for the organization.
- Provides Opportunities for International Exposure: In the era of globalization, all cross-border communication is done in English. More than two million people speak English and a vast number of people can speak English as a second language. If you have a good hold of the language, you will be able to grab better job opportunities abroad. Good command of the language will add to your interpersonal effectiveness and broaden your understanding of the perceptions of people with different backgrounds and cultures.
- Help you Earn More: There is no denying fact that English speakers earn more money than non-English speakers. Having an excellent command of the language can unleash your opportunities for a well-paid and interesting career and ensure a positive future ahead.
- Help you Grab Leadership Roles & Responsibilities: English serves as a stepping stone to leadership responsibilities and career advancement. No matter if an aspirant wants to make a career in technical industry or management industry, the importance of English cannot be denied. It has been observed that many professionals (from B.Tech to MCA) take up language improvement courses to polish their communication skills and reach the top management position. Good command in English makes them effective communicators and adds more value to their overall knowledge.
You can check out Pearson MePro – a personalized English Learning Program, to enhance your English skills and experience the new age of language learning. It will take your professional development to a level ahead and help you tap prosperous career opportunities abroad.