- Have self-confidence: The most important point to remember is that you must have the self-confidence to believe in yourself that you are on the right track and you are going to achieve your goal. Don’t let any doubts come near you. Generally, you face some doubts before going for the examinations and in that moment of doubt, you need to remember that your preparation is already done and doubting yourself now is not going to help. So, believe in yourself. Believe in your preparation, try to keep it simple and do not discuss with other students. Do your basic daily routine and give yourself a chance to perform well in the examination.
- Just revise formulae and theorems: Just revise the important formulae and theorems on the day before the examination. Don’t study anything else the day before and on the day of the examination.
- Relax: Have a sound sleep, a day before the examination. Keep it simple, keep it real and relax. Give your brain enough time to process well and be in the best frame of mind on the day of the examination.
Things to Remember while attempting JEE Main 2020
- Reach the centre an hour prior to the examination time: Reach early to the examination hall and relax.
- Read the instructions carefully: This year, there have been quite a few changes in the marking scheme. Hence, read the instructions carefully.
- Take a quick overview of the paper before starting the examination: Before starting the examination, take a quick overview of the paper and go through it. It can help you to identify the easy or average questions, with which you can start your examination.
- Start with the section you are most confident about (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics): It could be any of the 3 sections. As there is no sectional cut-off, you can identify the section you are feeling most confident about and start attempting that section first.
- Don't panic after checking the paper: Sometimes, at the first sight it may seem like you don't know anything and this may overwhelm you. So, take a deep breath and start. One important point to keep in mind is that you are not alone. As there are thousands of students with you, the paper will have been equally tough for them too.
- Time management: Don't waste much time on any question. If you are not getting the answer on the very first try, we suggest you move to the next one. Too much time on any question will lead you towards the situation of panic and frustration, which will impact your efficiency. If any question requires more time, mark it for review and attempt that question at the end of the paper.
- Read questions carefully and don’t make random guesses: Be calm and read questions very carefully because after reading it you know best whether you can answer a question well or not. If you are not sure about the answer, then move on. Don’t make random guess, as random guesses for any question will fetch negative marks and ultimately bring down your score.
- You must attempt the numerical value type questions: As there is no negative marking, you must attempt the numerical value type questions. It is because correct answer can give you (+4) marks and it does not affect your score, even if you have answered it incorrectly.
- Be positive, confident and give your 100 per cent: In the examination hall, be confident and think positive. Believe in yourself and your hard work. Put your 100 per cent efforts and hope for the best.