National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a National level scholarship program organized by the Government of India and conducted by the NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) for the exemplary students studying in class 10th. The exam is conducted in two different stages: Stage I – State level and Stage II – National level. As the name suggests, it is an opportunity for class 10 students to be recognized as the nation’s talent.
- Candidates who have scored a minimum of 60% marks in class 9th are eligible to appear in the Stage I exam.
- The exam paper is available in two languages: Hindi and English. A student can choose any one of the two languages.
- The paper is divided into two sections: MAT (Mental Ability Test) and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
- The exam is conducted through offline mode and the total duration of the exam is 4 hours (2 hours for each section).
- The syllabus of the NTSE exam is based on the academic standards of classes 9th and 10th.
- The exam is comprised of objective type multiple-choice questions. The exam consists of 200 questions (100 questions in each section). 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking for a wrong answer.
- NTSE SAT syllabus includes three subjects: Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology), Social Science (History, Geography, Civics) and Mathematics.
The objective of conducting the NTSE exam is to award scholarships for Class 11th and 12th. A scholarship amount of Rs. 1250/- per month is given to around 2000 candidates who are aspiring to pursue higher education in Science and Social Studies.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- IIT-Hyderabad offers 15 seats to NTSE scholars.
- Preference is given to NTSE scholars in National Defence Academy (NDA).
- Positive impact in Public and Private jobs.
To avail all such benefits and succeed in the NTSE exam, a student needs thorough preparation for the exam. Pearson provides a set of digital assessments based on many popular Olympiads such as NTSE, IOQM, engineering and medical exams to familiarize the students with the real exam pattern and types of questions thereof. Students can assess themselves with the assessments provided on the Pearson digital platform - MyInsights. Once a student has crossed the barriers by solving questions formed on the pattern of their respective exam, his/her first step to getting herself ready for the targeted exam is footed successfully. Pearson is providing previous exam papers of the last 5 years along with detailed solutions and questions tagged to appropriate blooms taxonomy. Pearson MyInsights Foundation – Digital Assessments is preparing students for the popular Olympiads NTSE, IOQM with topic wise diagnostic tests, practice tests and non-proctored tests to help aspirants prepare for and familiarize themselves with the real exam pattern.