Conventional education has gone through tremendous changes in the recent past. With the pandemic outbreak, the world witnessed a massive swing in educational methods. Plus, we saw how digital methods came to the rescue. Access to the internet and a smartphone or computer can make education accessible from any corner of the world. E-learning not only benefits students by allowing them to keep learning without interruptions, but also helps educators reach out to students. Furthermore, it helps them excel in their teaching skills too.
Digital learning has changed the core of learning. Students can select from a wide range of credible courses available online. Or even students sitting in classrooms can always rely on digital resources for cohesive, interactive, and blended learning. Digital learning is the future of education. Here are 20 reasons that explain why.
- Digital learning enables students and teachers to set their own pace for learning. One can set a schedule that suits their plans and learn at flexible hours.
- Digital learning is highly beneficial for working professionals as they can upskill themselves while having a full-time job. Be it a full-time professional or a 6th-grade student, they must always keep evolving. After all, there’s no age limit for learning.
- Geographical or language barriers can be tackled with digital learning. Students can continue to access learning materials from any corner of the world and translate them to their preferred language in one click.
- E-learning in education gives students multiple subjects. This does not necessarily relate to academic subjects. Students can pursue their interests that go beyond their curriculum.
- With online education, it is possible to be the jack of all trades and/or, to be the ace in any preferred discipline.
- Digital learning boosts the ability of students to pursue various programs online, manage time for various sessions, and pick up various skills simultaneously.
- Due to e-learning, getting official certifications and degrees without physically stepping into a university has become possible.
- Digital education can be pursued on the go. Students can do quick revisions, or clear their doubts about their commuting time.
- E-learning helps learners modify their learning schedules according to their needs.
- The future of education is about interactive learning. Texts alone are not enough. It's a good thing that digital learning gives access to interactive learning through photos, videos, animated tutorials, quizzes, AI learning, etc.
- It is extremely easy to take notes online. There are various online tools or extensions available that aid in saving texts and links, which enable students to create their own notes or vocabulary libraries.
- Digital learning extends access to various sources of knowledge and educators. One does not need to be limited to one resource. They can explore e-books by various writers and stick with the one that suits their comfort.
- Online learning or e-books save students from the trouble of managing their shelves and books. They can simply store all the information on their drive or cloud with e-learning.
- Digital learning is cost-effective in many ways. Students save money on books, moving to another location for school or college, accommodation, and other institutional fees.
- Everything is only a few clicks away and can be accessed through multiple devices. If a student loses a book, they lose all their notes, solutions, question papers, remarks, etc with it. But in the case of e-books, everything stays put and one can create backups on devices or even online.
- Students can access the downloaded material even without internet access. They can enjoy uninterrupted learning at all times.
- With digital learning, there has been a hike in the number of available seats or the frequency of courses. More and more students can get access to certifications with this ease.
- Students can connect to various teachers, peers, or alumni. They can do so to get guidance and information or to clear their doubts. They can also join online groups and forums to connect with people from their institutes, courses, or seniors.
- There is a wide selection of programs available. Educators and institutes are publishing niche educational courses that help students learn various vocational skills.
- Digital learning may acquire more space in classrooms than traditional learning in the near future. Some may say that the 'future' is already here. While that is not completely false, there is still time for students, teachers, and educational institutions to adapt to digital learning.
To prepare for the future, students can already get accustomed to digital learning with Pearson’s digital e-learning and e-teaching solutions. It comprises materials like e-libraries, apps, and e-books for academic curriculum across various disciplines. They offer personalized learning solutions for students from all educational boards and backgrounds.