Pearson English is a leading one-on-one, virtual English course with adaptive learning and measurable performance outcomes.
Today, knowledge of English language is widely recognised as a key skill which boosts employability. According to a study report published by NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research) people who speak English fluently earn up to 34% more than those who don’t.
Verbal and written communication skills are indispensable for an individual’s personal and professional development. According to a McKinsey & Co. study, only 13% of graduates from emerging countries are suitable for employment in global companies.
The pedagogy and design of Pearson English course was formulated by a group of leading scholars, authors and innovators specialised in the field of English language instruction.
Pearson English course is highly Learner-Friendly
- The course starts with a pre-assessment that gauges the level one is currently at.
- The course provides the flexibility to learn anytime-anywhere and the learning material is accessible 24/7.
- The learning experience is personalized and progresses based on the learner’s performance.
- Rich content from the Financial Times is regularly integrated into the course to familiarize learners with business vocabulary and themes.
Pearson English course provides
- Seven-level curriculum, from true beginner to upper intermediate (CEFR A1–B2), with certifications given after each level.
- Adjusts to learner’s needs through Adaptive Placement Test and Personalized Study Plan.
- Integrated instructions along with engaging activities across all skills – Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Special focus on developing grammatical skills and enriching vocabulary.
- Speaking and pronunciation practice with industry best speech recognition and remediation mechanism.
Pearson English Go is based on a self-study curriculum which can also be administered in a classroom set up with face to face interaction with a faculty.
Taking the classroom experience beyond brick and mortar, this platform:
- Enables anytime anywhere access for students – being cloud based students can access the program from any place and at a time as per their convenience.
- Offers personalised study plans.
Provides practice skills in a safe environment with constructive feedback to improve their English proficiency.
Use and apply language with interactive activities that focus on productive and communicative skills.
Assessment is built into the learner experience and curriculum to measure student’s level and progress through the curriculum:
- The Placement Test helps learners and educators to determine which proficiency level to start at.
- Review Tests after each set of five assignments show learners how they’re doing in the course.
- A Level Progress Test at the end of each course checks learners’ understanding and recollection of all key learning points from the course.
- The learner gets a certification on completing each level.
In addition to the curriculum, there is a “Study” tab which includes a Vocabulary and Grammar center, Sounds of English, Business situations and a Magazine section.
There is also a Work tab which includes Financial Times videos, Email templates, Culture notes etc.
LinGo, the browser toolbar and mobile app gives students language tools that they can keep with them while they are on the move.
The program allows the administrator / teacher to monitor and measure each student’s progress in the system.