Canada’s student visa rules may or may not permit you to work in Canada. If you do not have a permit to work through a student visa, you will have to get a work permit within 90 days of completing your degree. This permit will let you work for the same duration as your degree for up to 3 years. You can work in most of Canada if you can speak English fluently, but for certain areas, you may have to learn French as well.
Due to COVID-19, employment in Canada has risen significantly, and many workers in the food, retail, and accommodation fields have been let go. Although many industries are now making progress, some jobs were high paying before and after the pandemic, like jobs in the healthcare sector. Therefore, the best courses to study in Canada are the ones that result in jobs in high demand and those that are high paying as well. Some of them are -
- Physicians and Dentists - Average salary is C$142,000. Experienced Surgeons and Psychiatrists get paid about C$200,000.HR - Recruiters are always in demand, with an average salary of C$44,000 to C$52,000
- Information security analysts - Cybersecurity is an important field nowadays, with a lot of opportunities in Canada that pay around C$60,000 to C$70,000
- Marketing analysts - These jobs get around C$60,000, so studying business analysis, research analysis, or data analysis is beneficial.
- Engineers - This is still a high-earning field with an average salary of C$60,000 to C$90,000.
- Financial analysts - A financial analyst job pays about C$50,000 and is in high demand in certain regions but not all.
- Teachers and Professors - If you have MS in Education, then you can earn around C$60,000 to C$70,000.Logistic workers - Supply chain and logistics degree will come in handy to earn about C$30,000.Accountant - If you have studied Financial Planning or Accounting, you can get a salary of about C$50,000.